[Freeipa-users] Install IPA Servers with third-party certificate(external CA)

Florence Blanc-Renaud flo at redhat.com
Thu Sep 29 09:25:34 UTC 2016

Hi,

The instructions that you followed are used when you want to install
FreeIPA with an embedded Certificate Authority (ie FreeIPA is able to
issue certificates), and FreeIPA CA is signed by a 3rd party CA.

Maybe your goal is just to use a 3rd party certificate for IPA's LDAP
server and Web UI. In this case, you do not need to install FreeIPA with
an embedded CA. You can follow the instructions for Installing without a
CA [1], where you will need to provide a 3rd-part certificate.

Hope this clarifies,
Flo.

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/install-server.html#install-server-without-ca