[Freeipa-users] Install IPA Servers with third-party certificate(external CA)

beeth beeth beeth2006 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:46:37 UTC 2016

Thanks for the quick response Florence!

My goal is the use a 3rd party certificate(such as Verisign cert) for Web
UI(company security requirement), in fact we are not required to use 3rd
party certificate for the LDAP server, but as I mentioned earlier, I
couldn't make the new Verisign cert to work with the Web UI, without
messing up the IPA function(after I updated the nss.conf to use the new
cert in the /etc/httpd/alias db, the ipa_client_install failed). So I tried
to follow the Redhat instruction, to see if I can get the Verisign cert
installed at the most beginning, without using FreeIPA's own/default
certificate), but I got the CSR question.

I did install IPA without a CA, by following the instruction at
https://www.freeipa.org/page/Using_3rd_part_certificates_for_HTTP/LDAP, but
failed to restart HTTPD. When and how can I provide the 3rd-party
certificate? Could you please point me a document about the detail? Thanks
again!