[Freeipa-users] kinit: admin account getting locked out frequently

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 05:19:57 UTC 2016

Hi All ,

In my FreeIPA setup, I frequently seeing this error "kinit: Clients
credentials have been revoked while getting initial credentials" while i
try "kinit admin"

I have tried decreasing the "--failinterval" and increasing the "--maxfail"
values

However, I still continue to see this error and it does not get unlocked.

I have to manually unlock using "modprinc -unlock admin at XYZ.com"

In the history on the IPA admin server.. I do not see any instances of
"kinit admin" being run.

Is there anything else that I should check to trace the cause of this.

Thanks.

Rakesh