[Freeipa-users] SSH access to only specific hosts useding ssh keys

Tym Rehm tymrehm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 04:04:58 UTC 2017

Hey all, New user here.

I have a user "user1" that I want to allow a couple of different users
"userX and userY" to be allowed to ssh into "server1" and "server2", but
not both servers using ssh-keys.

So as an example. UserX will ssh user1 at server2 with ssh-key, but I don't
want userY to be able to successfully run the same command.

I currently have userX and userY's public ssh-key attached to user1 and I
have created a HBAC rule to allow user1 to connect with ssh on both server1
and server2. This is allowing user1 to connect to both servers fine,
without a password. It also is allowing users (X & Y) to ssh user1 at server1
and user1 at server2.

How can stop that to restrict userX to be able to ssh as user1 on server1,
but not server2?

Do I need to do something with the keytabs or add the ssh-keys for userX to
the server1 host only?

Sorry if this is confusing and thank you for your help on this.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons cause you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.