[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA update guidance

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Fri Apr 21 15:29:14 UTC 2017

"B.harries" <b.harries at protonmail.com> writes:

> Second attempt
> We then tried to install a fresh CentOS server, having FreeIPA version
> 4.4 and attaching it as a second master to our IPA instance. This
> however didn't work out as well,

I did that to move my installation from Fedora to CentOS - it worked
quite well.  First adding a replica failed, because python-jwcrypto on
CentOS is quite old.  I've installed the package from Fedora
(python-jwcrypto-0.3.2-1.fc23.noarch.rpm) and all went well.  After I
decomissioned the Fedora system I've downgraded the package again.

That's what I found:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2016-December/msg00024.html
(Re: [Freeipa-users] Add 4.4 replica to 4.3 server fails)

Can you provide logs/messages what didn't work?

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.