[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA update guidance

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Fri Apr 21 15:54:04 UTC 2017

I don't know that what we did is the most correct or even best way to
manage an upgrade, but here's what I did.

We started with two nodes, ipa1 and ipa2. Both running Fedora.

I built a new system, ipa3, and installed IPA on it, then made it a replica.

I then removed the replication agreements to ipa1 and upgraded it. Then
made it a replica again using ipa3 as the master.

Finally, I removed ipa2's replication agreement and upgraded it. Again,
it was brought back into replication by creating a replication file on
ipa3 and copying it to ipa2.

Somewhere in there, I'm pretty sure I had to do something with the CA to
ensure we still had one, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I
did!

Good luck!

Bret