[Freeipa-users] CA Certificate didn't automatically transfer to replica(s)

Dewangga Bachrul Alam dewanggaba at xtremenitro.org
Tue Apr 25 08:56:39 UTC 2017

Hello!

Master IPA Server:
- - I install 1 (one) server as master (self-signed) and add/modify
using external CA.
- - I am using ipa-cacert-manage install then ipa-certupdate on master

Replica IPA Server:
- - I install 1 (one) server as client and promoted to ipa-replica:
  - I run `ipa-client-install` and autodiscovery
  - Then `ipa-replica-install --principal admin --admin-password
<password>`

I've hit ipa-certupdate -v to verbose the logs (attached at first
email). Then replica server aren't using external CA(s) like master did.

So, I did the same like master, using `ipa-cacert-manage` on replica,
and it's work fine. If it's normal, then thanks for clarifying this.

On 04/25/2017 02:52 PM, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As your email refers to self-signed and signed CA certificate, can
> you please clarify the exact steps that you followed? It looks
> like - you first installed FreeIPA with a self-signed CA - you
> added an external CA (did you use ipa-cacert-manage install on 1
> server then ipa-certupdate on all replicas?) - you replaced the
> httpd/LDAP certificates with a cert signed from the external CA
> (you probably ran ipa-server-certinstall on one server).
>
> In this case it is normal that the httpd/LDAP certificates on the
> replica were not updated as they are different (each IPA server has
> his own httpd/LDAP cert which contains the hostname in its
> subject). You can check this by performing on each server:
> ipaserver$ sudo certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias/ -L -n Server-Cert |
> grep Subject: Subject: "CN=ipaserver.domain.com,O=DOMAIN.COM"
> ^^^^^^^^^
>
> If the goal is to replace the httpd/LDAP certificates on the
> replica, the command ipa-server-certinstall must also be run on the
> replica with the appropriate certificate.
>
> HTH, Flo.
>
> On 04/22/2017 10:41 AM, Dewangga Bachrul Alam wrote: Hello!
>
> Just update, manually add external CA(s) and signed certificated
> was successful, but why it's didn't automatically transferred to
> replica(s) from master.

GYh

yR