[Freeipa-users] CA Certificate didn't automatically transfer to replica(s)

Florence Blanc-Renaud flo at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 13:08:55 UTC 2017

On 04/25/2017 10:56 AM, Dewangga Bachrul Alam wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Master IPA Server:
> - - I install 1 (one) server as master (self-signed) and add/modify
> using external CA.
> - - I am using ipa-cacert-manage install then ipa-certupdate on master

Hi,

I think I got you wrong...
Do you mean that you installed IPA with an integrated IdM CA which was
self-signed, then your intent was to move to integrated IdM CA
externally signed? In this case, the right command would be
ipa-cacert-manage renew --external-ca, and the procedure is described in
"Changing the certificate chain" [1].

The command ipa-cacert-manage install does not replace the integrated
IdM CA but adds the certificate as a known CA.

Hope this clarifies,
Flo

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/change-cert-chaining.html