[Freeipa-users] CentOS 6 -> 7 migration

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:08:36 UTC 2017

Upgrading centos6 to 7 is not a smart thing, unless you like to suffer a
lot of issues.

Then there are many comaptibility issues regarding the upgrade from ipa3.3
to 4.4

You should consider setting up a temporary vm to migrate from.
On one of your client systems, I assume you got at least 1 ipa client

Try looking at http://libguestfs.org/virt-p2v.1.html to migrate your
current system to a vm  (side effect : instant full backup)

When you got the vm up and running you can reinstall your main system with
the new os and ipa.
Then replicate the old ipa to the new one.

Rob Verduijn