[Freeipa-users] Manually configuring Freeipa bind configs to host secondary zones

Tomas Krizek tkrizek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 4 12:43:38 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 10:28 AM, James Harrison wrote:
> Hi All,
> I realise Free IPA doesn't yet support secondary zones in the web
> interface or command line tools (I might be wrong :) ) When I talk
> about secondary zones I mean a zone replicated from Windows DNS masters.
>
> Can the Free IPA bind configs be manually altered to host secondary
> zones. Is it supported or will they just be over-written by Freeipa?
>
> I've been hunting for an answer online, but found nothing about this.
>
> Many thanks,
> James Harrison

Hi,

you can configure the secondary zone in named.conf and it should not be
over-written. IPA creates named.conf during installation and then only
changes the relevant IPA parts, for example during an upgrade.

Manual changes to the bind-dyndb-ldap section (dynamic-db / dyndb) may
break our custom parsing. However, since you want to only add a
secondary zone in the main section, you should be fine.

--
Tomas Krizek