[Freeipa-users] Switch certificates from external CA to internal

Jeff Goddard jgoddard at emerlyn.com
Thu Jan 12 16:40:35 UTC 2017

Thanks Flo,

My system is still in a bad state as I got this as a result of the command:

[root at id-management-1 ~]# ipa-cacert-manage renew --self-signed
Renewing CA certificate, please wait
Resubmitting certmonger request '20170101055025' timed out, please check
the request manually
The ipa-cacert-manage command failed.

The relevant output from getcert list was:
Request ID '20170101055025':
        status: NEED_CSR_GEN_TOKEN
        stuck: yes
        key pair storage:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias',nickname='caSigningCert
cert-pki-ca',token='NSS Certificate DB',pin set
        certificate:
type=NSSDB,location='/etc/pki/pki-tomcat/alias',nickname='caSigningCert
cert-pki-ca',token='NSS Certificate DB'
        CA: dogtag-ipa-ca-renew-agent
        issuer: CN=Certificate Authority,O=INTERNAL.EMERLYN.COM
        subject: CN=localhost
        expires: 2037-01-01 06:28:46 UTC
        key usage: digitalSignature,nonRepudiation,keyCertSign,cRLSign
        pre-save command:
        post-save command:
        track: yes
        auto-renew: yes

I took the step of stopping tracking on that cert which was a mistake and
now I'm having a hard time with the syntax of adding it back.

Jeff