[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.4 plugin migration path

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 11:30:13 UTC 2017

On ti, 17 tammi 2017, Peter Fern wrote:
>On 17/01/17 21:48, David Kupka wrote:
>> Ok, your plugin is not really a plugin but that should not be a problem.
>> To make it work:
>>
>> 1) replace "from ipalib.plugins.user import user" with "from
>> ipaserver.plugins.user import user"
>> 2) make sure "user_mailalternateaddress.py" is also in ipaserver/plugins/
>> 3) restart httpd
>>
>Thank you, that gets the web UI working as expected, but I seem to be
>missing the CLI switch.
>
>I'm also adding an objectclass to the default userobjectclasses (and
>updating existing users) in my install script, but it looks like maybe I
>can use the 'updates' mechanism for this, is that right?  If so, is that
>mechanism documented anywhere?
Look at the repository I pointed you to in another email thread.

I'd recommend you to build a proper package (RPM or DEB, depending what
distro we are talking about), move modification to the upgrade plugin
instead. Again, see example in the repo I mentioned. Having non-packaged
content on the package-managed machines is not going to help in longer
term, maintenance-wise.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy