[Freeipa-users] Add host to hostgroup in ipa-client-add

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Mar 13 20:00:32 UTC 2017

> On pe, 10 maalis 2017, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> I'm using ipa-client-add with --unattended and a OTP to enroll machines at
>> install time.  I'd like to be able to add them to a particular hostgroup at
>> the same time to avoid having to do that manually later.  Does this seem like
>> a reasonable RFE?  Or is there some other way to handle this?
> Use automember rules:
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/automember.html

Interesting but I don't think this will help me.

After thinking about this a bit more, since I need to add the host anyway to
set the OTP, I just added setting group membership to that script as well.

Thanks for the info though.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                          720-772-5637
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com