[Freeipa-users] install freeipa amazon Linux

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Mon Mar 13 23:15:11 UTC 2017

On (13/03/17 00:16), barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
>Hi:
>
>anyone has exp install freeipa in amazon linx base on fredora?
>
>I tried install repo myself but it fail only say no such freeipa
>
>which repo ishould use ...I already tried many difference source still fail.
>
>it seem it has its own amaz limux repo.

According to Amazon, they have issues with packaging Samba. I'd let them
to respond themselves, given they are the only ones who can respond on
why they are so insisting on not packaging Samba while providing one of
key infrastructure parts of AWS via Samba AD.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=164971

I would recommend either to use compat tree + nslcd
or use CentOS, RHEL, other distribution which has ipa-client

LS