[Freeipa-users] Adjusting nsslapd-cachememsize

Bob Hinton bob at rha-ltd.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 08:45:57 UTC 2017

Hi Lachlan,

This is probably a complete hack, but the way I've changed
nsslapd-cachememsize in the past is -

On each ipa replica in turn -

 1. ipactl stop
 2. vim /etc/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN/dse.ldif    - (where DOMAIN is your
    server's domain/realm - not sure which) find and change the value of
    nsslapd-cachememsize
 3. ipactl start

This seemed to work in that it made the error messages go away and it
made heavily loaded servers more stable. However, I've not tried this on
a recent version of ipa so it may no longer work or not be needed any more.

Regards

Bob