[Freeipa-users] Adjusting nsslapd-cachememsize

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:20:17 UTC 2017

While going through the logs on the FreeIPA server, I noticed this:

WARNING: changelog: entry cache size 2097152 B is less than db size
12804096 B; We recommend to increase the entry cache size
nsslapd-cachememsize.

I have found a number of documents:

What it is:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.0/html/Configuration_and_Command_Reference/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Database_Attributes_under_cnNetscapeRoot_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig_and_cnUserRoot_cnldbm_database_cnplugins_cnconfig-nsslapd_cachememsize.html

How to tune it:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.1/html/Administration_Guide/memoryusage.html

etc etc.

I have no idea of what the secret password is for the "cn=directory
manager" and can't find any information about where I might find it or
where or when it might have been set anywhere. I have found a number of
likely candidates, but none have worked.

I found this page:

https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Change_Directory_Manager_Password

but I'd prefer to not change the password if possible.

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper