[Freeipa-users] External cert with correct CSR?

Kat uncommonkat at gmail.com
Tue May 2 15:44:15 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am somewhat confused trying to get the process of using an external
cert for IPA.

If I follow step 1:
ipa-server-install -a Secret123 -p Secret123 -r EXAMPLE.COM --external-ca -U

This does indeed generate a CSR, but trying to do anything with this CSR
has no success since it is not properly formed with all info.  In
otherwords, ipa does not add country, state, location, etc. If I submit
this CSR to any cert company, it will of course, complain. Is there a
way to get this right? Or am I just missing something here?

Thanks