[Freeipa-users] LDAP size limit and the FreeIPA web UI

Jay Fenlason hack at nerd-marrow.com
Tue May 2 20:50:38 UTC 2017

One of my users is having trouble because the FreeIPA web interface
does not work well with a DNS zone that contains more than 2000
entries.  When he goes to Network Services->DNS->DNS Zones and selects
the problematic zone, he gets an error popup saying the results were
truncated because the number of entries exceeds the LDAP server's
search limit.  I went in to IPA Server->Configuration and changed the
Search size limit, but raising it over 2000 requires manually
modifying the LDAP server configuration.

Are there any plans to improve the web UI so that it does not require
such a large size limit when viewing a DNS zone?  Are there
other GUI tools that can be used to view/edit the DNS zone data (and
that don't also suffer from hitting these search size limits)?

I'm using ipa-server-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.6.x86_64 if it matters.

     -- JF