[Hwcert-announce-list] Bugzilla login support ending soon for Red Hat Hardware Certification

Engineering Partner Management eng-partner-management at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 21:59:34 UTC 2016

Greetings Red Hat Partners,

As a reminder, we are have begun our transition away from the use of
Bugzilla credentials to open new certification requests. To ease the
transition, we have extended the period of time where we will allow
new certification requests to be opened via Bugzilla credentials by
two weeks. On September 14, 2016, Red Hat Customer Portal single
sign-on (SSO) credentials will be the only authentication method
usable for the creation of new certification requests. In-progress and
closed certifications will continue to be accessed using the method by
which they were created, either Bugzilla or SSO.

Two weeks later on September 28, we will turn off Bugzilla logins
completely. Access to all open and closed certifications, including
any in-progress certifications that were opened with Bugzilla
credentials, will be moved to SSO as announced earlier. All hardware
certification-related user authentication will be performed with SSO
credentials from this point onward.

Please reach out to the organization administrator for your company to
have an SSO login created if you do not yet have one, and then ask
your Red Hat representative to enable that login for use with
certification. More information on this process can be found below in
the section entitled "How do I obtain and enable my SSO credentials
for certification?".

Updated Timeline
-------------------
The tentative timeline for this change is as follows:

* July 11, 2016
  - Release first version of the test suite that supports hardware
certification with SSO login only
  - Add SSO support to hardware.redhat.com for hardware certification
  - May release of test suite (version 2.5-20160526) continues to be
supported using Bugzilla login
* End of July
  - May release of test suite continues to be supported using Bugzilla login
  - hardware.redhat.com continues to support SSO and Bugzilla login
* September 14
  - Hardware.redhat.com stops accepting new certification requests via
Bugzilla logins
  - hardware.redhat.com continues to support Bugzilla logins to
complete in-progress certifications
* September 28
  - May release of the hardware test suite is retired
  - Bugzilla logins no longer utilized in certification

NOTE: During the transition period, the login method used to create a
certification, either Bugzilla or SSO, will need to be used until
completion of that specific certification; you cannot switch between
login methods in an individual certification. The Red Hat Hardware
Certification site will support both login methods throughout the
transition period. Releases 2.5-x and earlier of the
redhat-certification test suite support only Bugzilla; version 2.6-x,
the current version 2.8-x, and all future releases will support only
SSO.

Why are you changing to SSO?
----------------------------
The transition to SSO will allow us to implement group-based access to
certifications, something we were unable to do with Bugzilla
credentials. Any SSO account associated with your company that has
certification permissions will be able to access all of your company's
in-progress and completed certifications without additional work.
Customer Portal accounts also give certification engineers access to
download Red Hat software for certification purposes and access to the
test suite, and it also unifies the login method across all
certification activities.

When can I switch to using SSO credentials?
You should use SSO credentials for all new certification submissions.
Both the certification site and version 2.6-x and newer of the test
suite now support SSO.

Why would I use Bugzilla credentials after the availability of SSO?
Any in-progress certifications that were created using Bugzilla
credentials will need to use the same Bugzilla credentials until
completion, unless the certification activity continues past the
deadline for Bugzilla use (September 28). If this happens, your
in-progress certification(s) will be migrated to SSO for the access
method on September 28.

How do I obtain and enable my SSO credentials for certification?
If you do not have one already, an SSO account can be obtained through
a Red Hat Customer Portal organization administrator for your company.
Please contact your engineering account manager, engineering partner
manager, or technical account manager for assistance if you do not
know your organization administrator. It is important that you use an
account associated with your company and not a personal one for
security reasons.

After obtaining an SSO account, contact your engineering account
manager, engineering partner manager, or technical account manager to
have it enabled for certification. You will need to request enablement
even if you did not need to request a new SSO account.

How does an organization administrator add an SSO account?
At the top of every page on the Red Hat website is a bar that
contains, among other things, a search icon, a login icon, and a
preferences icon. Go to the Red Hat Customer Portal at
https://access.redhat.com, click the login icon, and provide your SSO
credentials to log in. Once logged in, click your name where it
appears at the top of the page and select the "User Management" menu
item under the "Red Hat Account" heading. Click the "Add new user"
link on the next page when it loads. Fill out the requested
information for the new user when prompted. We recommend using an
email address as the account name as those are unique within your
company. Under the "Customer Portal Access Permissions" section, we
recommend checking at least the "Download Software and Updates" option
so that the person using the account can download Red Hat Enterprise
Linux and the test suite from the Portal. When all the fields are
filled in, click the "Save" button to create the new user

How does an organization administrator deactivate or reactivate an account?
Accounts should be deactivated whenever a person no longer needs to be
able to download software or submit certification requests on behalf
of your company. To begin, log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal and
click the "User Management" menu item as described in the previous
section. Find the username with the filter, if necessary, and check
the checkbox next to the name. Click the "Deactivate" button at the
bottom of the page to deactivate the user. Their account will be
deactivated immediately and appear on the "Inactive" tab of the User
Management page the next time you load the page. Should you wish to
reactivate an account, find it on the "Inactive" tab using the filter,
if necessary, and check the checkbox next to the name. Click the
"Activate" button to reactivate the user. The account will be
reactivated immediately and appear on the "Active" tab the next time
you load the User Management page.

How can multiple people work on the same certification request?
When we exclusively used Bugzilla for authentication, the easiest way
for multiple people to work on the same certification request was to
use a shared login. With support for group access controls, one of the
benefits of SSO authentication, all members of a company that have
certification permissions added to their SSO accounts will be able to
access all of their company's in-progress and closed certs. You will
no longer need a shared account to achieve this, though you may create
and use a shared SSO account if that is your preferred login method.

How do I log in to the certification site using Bugzilla?
This login method remains unchanged. You may log in with your Bugzilla
credentials by using the "Hardware Vendor Login" link on the left side
of the https://hardware.redhat.com page.

How do I log in to the certification site using SSO?
At the top of every page on the Red Hat website is a bar that
contains, among other things, a search icon, a login icon, and a
preferences icon. Go to the Red Hat Hardware Catalog at
https://hardware.redhat.com, click the login icon, and provide your
SSO credentials to log in. If you are currently logged in to the
certification site with your Bugzilla account, you must log out by
clicking the "Logout" link on the left side of the catalog web page
before attempting to log in with your SSO credentials.

What if I’m logged in with Bugzilla and SSO at the same time?
If you are logged in using both Bugzilla and SSO permissions at the
same time, Bugzilla credentials take precedence over SSO and you may
be denied access to certifications that were created using SSO. We
recommend that you do not attempt to log in with both authentication
methods at the same time.

How do I log in to the certification tool using Bugzilla or SSO?
The certification tool has a login link at the top right of the web
page. For versions 2.5-x and earlier, the "Hardware" selection expects
you to provide your Bugzilla username and password. In versions 2.6-x
and later, the hardware option requires SSO credentials.

Can I use version 2.6-x of the test suite with a Bugzilla based cert?
You may use version 2.6-x or newer of the test suite with a
Bugzilla-based certification request, however you will not be able to
use the call-home features of the test suite. You will need to log out
of the test suite and utilize local products and certifications. The
test results will then need to be uploaded using the certification
site and not the test suite "submit result" function.

Can I change from one login method to another during a certification?
No. this is not supported. Should you encounter a problem you believe
is related to the login method you used, please open a support ticket
and explain the issue.

Will I need to register my systems with the Portal or be connected to
the Internet to perform certification after SSO support is enabled?
You will not need to register systems in order to perform
certification. In fact, we continue to recommend against registration
of the system under test (SUT) during certification activities. A
registered system could pull down the latest kernel, for example, when
you install, which will affect the certification listing status.

We are not adding an Internet connection requirement at this time. You
may continue to perform certification on systems that are disconnected
from the Internet and use a separate, connected system to upload test
results to the Hardware Catalog.

If you have any questions or comments about the change to SSO, please
contact your engineering account manager or engineering partner
manager for assistance.

- The Red Hat Certification Team