Release: ltsp-5.1.21 for Fedora 9

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 17:47:05 UTC 2008

Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
> that is great news :-)
>
> i used NBD swap for long time now (with ltsp 4.2) what are the benifits
> of useing NFS with latest LTSP 5.1.21 ?

This question does not make sense.

> before you make a new LIve Images...
> 1. you recommended 900MB for persistent storage and the cd-creator can
> only create as much as 256. (https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator)

You do not have enough free space on your USB device for the persistent
overlay.  You are better off without an overlay.

> 2. booting the live USB did not find persistent storage and did not save
> my changes.

This means you don't have overlay.  Live USB is only useful for a quick
demo or testing or installing to your hard drive.

> 3. all the command line tools you used in the README files are not in
> the PATH of the live image and for some one that is not familiar with
> their locations it would (probably) be deficult to find. (although
> 'whereis'/'which' works)

What tools are you talking about?  I have no idea what you are talking
about.  They should all be in the path.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com