SAMBA does not work

Nadav Kavalerchik nadavkav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:28:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> Nadav Kavalerchik wrote:
>
>> maybe it is a specific samba issue but i am not sure...
>>
>> after upgrading FC8 + ltsp 4.3 >>> FC9 + ltsp 5.1
>> samba stop working.
>> no errors . it starts and stops with no errors. looks ok.
>> but... i am unable to browse it from within the server or from
>> any computer on the lan.
>>
>> it is the same configuration files i had since FC6.
>>
>> can it be the new bridge setup ?
>> i am unfamiliar with that approach ?
>>

> Samba is running where?

on the ltsp server (it is a file server too)

> Accessing what Windows machines?

not, accessing windows machines. BUT...

windows machines accessing ltsp server (as file server) through samba

> This is not enough information to possibly understand your issue.

i have no errors i can report of because samba seems to run with out
errors , but still... i am unable to connect to its share from any type of
OS
outside of the server (the FC9 + ltsp 5.1 server)

> Warren

if you are not familiar with samba and it does not make any sens to you
may it is a sign for me to dig even deeper :-)