help me...! customizing the grub

magesh kkmageshcse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:51:51 UTC 2008

Actually i need to explain it to do briefly

As a final year Academic project we thought of doing a new project(which is
based on the LTSP)

the idea is

making the thinclients to boot from Grub(So that users can choose to which
server they want to connect whether it may be windows or fedora or Redhat)

i have read that Grub has a patch for pxe booting

So we have planned to implement this grub in our project( patching both the
pxeboot and gfxboot support in the grub)

we have patched the pxeboot while configuring the grub and the thinclient
booted successfully

same way the gfxboot was also successfull

but when we tried to patch both the pxeboot and gfxboot into the grub
source, the size increases hence the gfxboot fails

So our project must be like adding these two features......

so i need help

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:33 AM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> John Ellson wrote:
>

>> Why does grub care about how the BIOS got to it?
>>

> Also why is grub involved at all?  It isn't even used to boot a LTSP
> client.
>
> Warren

magesh
LiFe is "just tryin out things to see if they work"

http://planetsum.com/