Fwd: proposal for a few changes to ltsp package

Aleksander Trofimowicz aatrof at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:08:43 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Aleksander Trofimowicz <aatrof at gmail.com>
Date: 2008/7/7
Subject: proposal for a few changes to ltsp package
To: wtogami at redhat.com

Hello,

Relates to ltsp-5.1.9-1.fc9.src.rpm.

While using the ltsp-server package I found a couple of small errors
in bash scripts, I guess. Basically errors results from wrong
expectations of what ipcalc should give on its output. At least this
is the case when I use ipcalc found in initscripts-8.76.2-1.x86_64
package on Fedora 9. Another change fixes a regexp error. I prepared
patch against a sources of the package.

There is also question about dhcpd-update perl script. Beside that the
bad handling of ipcalc output applies here too, I wonder what the
purpose of this script is, as it requires the very same network,
namely 192.168.0.0/24, in a /etc/ltstp/dhcpd.conf file. Or maybe I
missed something?

--
cheers,
aleksander trofimowicz