diskless vs ltsp local apps

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 03:16:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> Robert Arkiletian wrote:
>>
>> got firefox installed in chroot
>> I can get it to start (although it takes half a minute to launch) But
>> it's having problems resolving names. I've checked /etc/resolv.conf in
>> the chroot. It's the same as on the server. I also enabled ip
>> forwarding in kernel
>> echo 1 >  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>> which was off by default. But I still cannot get firefox to load pages
>> running locally
>>

> You need an iptables NAT rule for the ltspbr0 device, not ethX devices.  You
> might also want to run dnsmasq serving only the ltspbr0 interface.

Thanks Warren. Tried both ltspbr0 and eth0 (eth0 is external interface)

fixed the problem. This can also be set through system-config-firewall

Okay next problem.
flash-plugin.i386 was not available through yum in the chroot (but it
is outside the chroot) so I installed flash by
 cp  /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
and then I installed
libflashsupport.i386
in the chroot with yum (which worked)

flash is working on the locally running firefox BUT all youtube videos
stop playing after about 2 seconds AND there is *no* sound. But flash
adverts without sound seem to be working fine.

--
Robert Arkiletian