[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Scalability (long email)

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen at chartermi.net
Sun Apr 11 04:46:20 UTC 2004

dahopkins at comcast.net wrote:
<snip>
> 30+ sessions of Type to Learn run very well, but launch just 4 or 5
> instances of Eclass Grades( Winschool) and it can bring the server to
>  a halt.  In fact, each Eclass session uses a full 'cpu'.  I have
> never tried to track down exactly why.
> Sincerely, Dave Hopkins

According to Chancery, it's "normal" for the winschool administrative
console, and eclass grades and attendence to take a 100% of a cpu's
resources. It's "supposed" to release resources as needed for other
processes, but I'm sure it's not taking into account running on a
terminal server.

Either way, I'm not happy seeing my P4/2.2Ghz machines pegged at 100% of
the cpu all the time.

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator for Adams, Chassell,

email: eric at remc1.k12.mi.us