[K12OSN] Getting involved with K12 Documentation

Herald D'Sa herald_desa at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 07:07:17 UTC 2004

Hello

I feel K12LTSP requires a Guide or book which will
have most of the information for setting up and
running a K12LTSP lab. It is very difficult for
anybody to go through so much of details online.

I have prepared one introductory material for children
titled Computers and GNU/Linux For children Book 1.
It basically has computer hardware introduction, Free
software Linux intro, and k12ltsp Gnome as
introduction to Linux Desktop and GUI, and some
documentation about Gcompris,tuxpaint etc.

It also has exercises after each chapter (Mostly
questions which need 1 or 2 lines answers).

I have prepared one outline of chapters for k12ltsp
book.

If all of us come together , we can finish the job in
a short time. individuals can contribute some
chapters.

You can download the two pdf files here:

http://linuxschools.tripod.com/

Computers and GNU/Linux for Children BOOK 1 :
book11.pdf,   Size:1MB,  Pages:40

Proposed OUTLINE of K12LTSP GUIDE BOOK :
k12book.pdf,  Size: 37KB,  Pages: 6

Please suggest more chapters or topics for the K12LTSP
book.

Cheers
Herald D'Sa
Hyderabad,India.