[K12OSN] Samba File permissions

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 30 14:46:36 UTC 2004

My Samba installation doesn't seem to mirror linux directory
permissions.  Does Samba have settings to override linux permissions?  I
would like Samba to assign whatever permissions to folders that linux
has assigned.  Example of problem:
In linux folder /home/Drop/Teacher1/Class1 is set to 773, I can write to
this folder with any user in Netatalk or local, but get the error
"Cannot Copy filename: Access is denied. The source file may be in use."

Folders above Class1 are set to 755.  Any ideas?  I am so close, but yet
so far to having this file server figured out.