[K12OSN] LTSP vs PC

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Sat Apr 3 01:53:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 19:46, Jim Hays wrote:
> Of course the "real" issues are:
> "I don't have time to learn something new."  (Meaning, of course, "I
> really don't want to learn something new.")
> "I have never seen this before, so it must be bad."
>
> And the truly real issue:
> "Change is BAD."

I am not in US. I am not in education. But reading this list I would
like to contribute my 2 cents worth of experience:
We changed over our entire business to LTSP+OO+... format. Those who
switched from DOS to GUI were the ones who had more reason to be afraid
but the max resistance was from existing Win users. Today after 1 year
old win users are still whimpering but the champions are the ones who
switched from DOS Quattro spreadsheets and WordPerfect to OOCalc/Writer.
I tried convincing some schools and colleges to switch but till date no
one seems to be interested since "No one else has...." I try to give
them examples of K12LTSP but reading this thread shows that many school
districts there are equally obstinate(?)
Grin Grunt and carry on!
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux