[K12OSN] Fedora, RedHat and ??

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Apr 26 20:19:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 10:08, rogertuanis wrote:

> Will it works AS IT IS on a Mandrake 10.00 linux system?
> Will it works with some modifications on a Mandrake system?
> Is there any project at all to make it portable in the future to other linux
> system (Mandrake or whatever)??
>
> The reason i asked this is, as hard I tried to install Fedora, I had not
> succeeded at all. So I told myself, maybe something is wrong with my machine
> (harware comptibility), or something is wrong with me (whatever I do during
> the installation).

Some people are running it on whitebox linux which is a clone
of RH enterprise linux.  The ltsp part should work on about
any system but if you want to take advantage of all the
fine tuning and stay updated with the apt/yum repository
it is probably worth the trouble to make fedora install
or find a different box.  Can you be more specific about
how the install failed?

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com