[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Fri Apr 30 13:01:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> >>html - who needs coloured text and bold, anyway?  That'll bring the
> >>flames ;-)
> >>

> >HTML formatted email is exactly the reason why i've setup filters in
> >mailman to reject any emails with html attachments for the ltsp-discuss
> >list.  Stopped the HTML dead in its tracks
> >
> >Jim McQuillan
> >jam at Ltsp.org
> >
> That's cool. How do you do that?

In the mailman admin screen, there is a page that says 'Privacy
Options'.

Within that screen, down near the bottom is a field that says:

   "Hold posts with header value....."

In that field, you can put a list of values. Here's what I have:

That will block  alot of crap from making it to the mailing list.
Unfortunately, it results in the message being held for moderator
approval, and with the volume of mail that comes in, It's hard to keep
up with it.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org