[K12OSN] Burning CDs (Slightly OT)

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Aug 10 15:43:55 UTC 2004

Those of you that are *using* a thin client on a daily basis -- how do you
solve the problem of burning CDs?  I haven't thought of anything elegant
-- but here's what I do:

I have a computer near my desk that is running fedora, and has a CDRW
drive in it.  I have an SSH keypair set up, and I always download isos to
a spot on that computer's hard drive (all via commandline SSH) -- then, to
burn (I'm a gui burning bloke) I start k3b at the commandline, and it
launches on my thin client's desktop.  I then burn the isos...

How do other people handle this?  Does everyone else just use a "full"
computer?

Just curious,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director
spowers at inlandlakes.org
http://techcorner.inlandlakes.org

The views, opinions, visions, thoughts, comments, sarcastic whims,
forecasts, poetic outbursts, cynical wit, future plans, implementation
ideas, OS preference, curricular insight, ice cream preference, or
anything else I might infer are not the views of Inland Lakes Schools.
Pretty much everything I say, do, think, or imply with punctuation should
be considered my own delusions, and ignored completely.