[K12OSN] Open Office Slowness

Hank ph at panamahank.com
Tue Aug 10 23:23:03 UTC 2004

"Here is the problem, Open Office menus are pulling down very very slow.
Once in a screen it performs ok.  But the mouse movement and reaction of
the pull downs is terrible.   We did not see this last year.  The server
is a new one, but same model and specs as last years model.
We are now running 4.0.1."

I recently had the same problem with a stand alone computer, but it was only
for one user. In that case, I cured the problem by deleting the
OpenOffice.org directory in the user's home directory and reinstalling.

Hope that helps.

Hank