[K12OSN] [OT] mysql problem

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Aug 5 16:11:02 UTC 2004

> I then tried to change the root password as suggested and
> ever since then, I get all sorts of access denied errors.

If you are using PHPMyAdmin you will need to modify the php.inc.ini (or
whatever the heck its called) with your new user and password.

As a side note I have found it best to add in a new user with full
global priveleges, then change the root.  If things look good, delete
the new user or just leave it as a back door for future mishapps.

---