[K12OSN] Network problems w/4.1.0

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Aug 14 03:24:54 UTC 2004

I just upgraded my test 3.1.2 server to 4.1.0 (blew it away and installed
fresh).  But now I cannot get any clients to boot from it (doesn't get past
looking for DHCP address) and cannot ping past the local interface to the
external network.  I have tried 6 different NIC's and am currently using a
Intel Pro 100 and a LNE100TX.  I have reloaded 4.1.0 with all of the defaults
3 times now (once disabling the firewall just in case) and still no luck.  I
have also gone back to 3.1.2 just to be sure I wasn't going insane and it
worked perfect with the same NIC's and the same clients.  Any ideas?  I just
ordered a server for a new school that my company is donating a lab too and I
wanted to test 4.1.0 with the clients we are giving them before the server
showed up.  But that isn't looking good at this point.

Right now I have a clean install of 4.1.0 with the Intel Pro 100 and a
LNE100TX installed and firewalling off.  Let me know if anyone has a
suggestion to try.  Or a tool to figure out why I cannot leave the box with a
simple ping request (error is "Destination Unreachable").

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188