[K12OSN] UDP checksum error

Stéphane Couture scouture at recupaction.org
Sun Aug 15 03:35:02 UTC 2004

Hello,

  hoping it is the good lists to send this...

   I looked on the web about this problem, but there doesn't seem to be
a satisfactory explanation.  I installed LTSP (K12LTSP) and made it work
with "modern" laptop as a client without problem.

  But now, I have to make it work with old Pentium I within the next
days, and I kind of freaking with these problems.  If somebody can help
me a little bit, I'll appreciate.

  I made a etherboot disk for my 3c905b-tx PCI with 3c905b-tpo100 rom
type.  My dhcp part for this client is this way:

   host ws001 {
        hardware ethernet     00:50:DA:21:1A:A1;
        # fixed-address         192.168.0.1;
        filename              "/lts/vmlinuz.ltsp";
        option option-128 e4:45:74:68:00:00;
        option option-129 "NIC=3c59x";
    }

The rom image starts correctly, driver is loaded and dhcp server is
detected.  It start loading the kernel (Loading
192.168.0.254:/lts/vmlinux.ltsp)  and then  I get this error message:

UDP checksum error.

Sometimes I get it 5-6 times, and the client freeze.  Sometime, I get
it  2 times and the boot process continue (and finish with a nfs
problem, but that's another thing) and sometime, I don't get this error,
and the boot process continue.

I remade my flopppy, change my ethernet card for another one (of same
type), even change my computer and use the same card and still get the
same problem.

Does anybody would have an idea where I am bad?

Thanks for the help

Steph