Re: [K12OSN] USB Drive Info

I don't understand the question Shawn,
You plug in a 'sandisk' type jumpdrive first...then take it out and plug in a 'microadvantage' drive...?
so when you unplug it the device it does not relinquish /dev/sda1 ??

or you plug both in at the same time? so both /dev/sda1 and sdb1 exist but only sda1 is accessible?

--Huck

Shawn Powers wrote:

Just a note, as I put the USB Keydrives into widespread use here -- you can not use more than 1 keydrive type in a thin client during the same "boot" of the thin client. This took me a bit to figure out, but it does make sense.

The first unit inserted is created as /dev/sda1, the second as /dev/sdb1 (I'm guessing), etc -- so only the first one works.

Is there anyway to work around this? Anyone have any ideas? This will be a real issue in our lab environment...

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it, and look for insight.

-Shawn