Re: [K12OSN] Feature Request

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:29 -0600, Mark Cockrell wrote:
> Would it be possible/wise to edit the "Push new icons to all user's
> desktops" script to add the icons to the /etc/skel/Desktop directory as
> well.  That would allow an admin to add an icon to all current user's
> and all future user's desktops in one shot.  Just a thought.

Putting a copy in /etc/skel sounds like a good idea to me.

I also patched the script to use getent to find the user's
home directories rather than hard-coding /home/. *Much*
cleaner way do doing things.

I dropped an updated package in my testing directory:
ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/

I'll include this in the next build.

-Eric