Re: [K12OSN] hotplug issue

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, norbert wrote:

I rebuilt the system and found two problems, bad cat5 cable & flawed floppy hence the other issues. So now it starts but when the WS logs in I get what started the whole issue of testing "upgrading" the system. These where errors I had with 4.1.1 and I had installed XFree 4.4 but Jim said that LTSP uses xorg & not XFree86............................

"Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

I've seen one case recently where the symlink trick Jim posted (ln -s xorg.lst /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86.lst) did not clear up the error.

I happened to log in with the "Reset Desktop" session and the error
went away.

I have been unable to reproduce this, so I am highly uncertain
whether or not reseting the desktop setting was actually
effective or not. But it may be worth trying...

-Eric