Re: [K12OSN] MAP Testing through the NWEA (Measures of Academic Progress)

Rob Owens wrote:
While I think the best solution would be to get the state to stop
telling you which operating system you should be using, that might
not be the easiest solution.

After donating a thin-client lab to one of our schools, the administration purchased a web-based application that required a specific browser. A few of our volunteers called the company, mentioned that their school district was considering making a purchase, and asked if the product worked with Mozilla.

No, but the idea of a sale simply from making the product more standards compliant was too good to ignore. The developers made the change. The free market, entrepreneurialism, education, and open source all prevailed.

--scott