[K12OSN] 4.2.0 beta7 disc1 errors

I keep getting errors with the 4.2.0 Beta7 iso discs.  Checking the iso
files, each comes up with the correct md5sum.  And yet, every copy I
burn using cdrecord fails the media check on disc1 and disc3.  I am
using cdrecord on an FC2 equipped workstation and a Plextor 16x CD/RW.

Disc1 will not boot up properly.  I finally ended up using the boot-only
disc, then switched to disc1 for the install. After that 4.2.0 seemed to
install ok.

Dr. Dan Loomis
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
El Dorado, AR