Re: [K12OSN] Interesting conversation....concepts vs. OS

COOL!! Your reply led me to this post:

LTSP on win98 boot menu
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2002-December/msg00465.html

And ... It works!! I put the rom-o-matic .com file in c:\ and made changes to three files and TADAAAAH! That was SOOOOOO easy!

Thanks for your contribution & to Bruno Vernier for writing that original post.

David Trask wrote:

:-)  I do believe it is possible to do what you're describing.  In fact I
remember someone describing on this list about how they used a rom-o-matic
"com" file and used it as part of the autoexec.bat file.....search the
archives for how to do it.

-----
Now I don't know if this can be done because I don't know much about how partitioning hard drives works, but this is what I would like to do:
I'd like to copy the rom-o-matic floppy to a *portion* of the hard drive which loads first; it asks me the question 'Network or Quit?' and then if I say Quit, it loads up windows on the other portion of the hard drive.

IS IT POSSIBLE?

That way we can have both linux & windows on the older PCs instead of just linux (some teachers won't be happy with that) or just windows (*I* won't be happy with that!). Also - it leaves the choice of OS up to the kids.

Thanks,

Debbie
--
http://www.redeemer.qld.edu.au/

David N. Trask Technology Teacher/Coordinator Vassalboro Community School dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us (207)923-3100