[K12OSN] "thick" client for now, thin client later...

Quentin Hartman qhartman at lane.k12.or.us
Fri Feb 20 19:15:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 15:18, Richard K. Ingalls wrote:
<snip>
> I really want to have *very* small form factor PCs
> for the clients.  But, they will have to support a
> hard drive and CD-ROM  when they're running in
> Windows mode.
<snip>
> Any suggestions?

http://www.mini-itx.com should yield some inspiration. Not the cheapest
route necessarily, but the mini-itx form factor is about as small as you
can get and still have room for HDDs and CD-ROMs. The VIA boards are
really great, and there several people on the list who have built LTSP
terminals around them.

--
   -Regards-

-Quentin Hartman-

Academic Computing and Networking Services Coordinator
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Elmira, OR
Office: 541-935-2253 x429
Cell: 541-914-2989