[K12OSN] Window Manager Question

k12osn at collinsoft.com k12osn at collinsoft.com
Fri Jul 2 21:08:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Shawn Powers wrote:
> 4) I guess my question is, those of you using Gnome/KDE for your clients
> -- do you wish you'd have started with IceWM?  Those of you using IceWM,
> do you wish you'd have started with KDE/Gnome?

I started out with IceWM and a Windows XP theme. I kinda wish I had more
"eye candy" and might add Nautilis back in the mix this fall. I like the
control over the menus in IceWM, I don't let the users customize them
(actually, I don't stop them, but no one has opened the terminal window to
try it).

Our main reason for IceWM was one of necessity. File locking wasn't
support on our NFS mounted shares from our OS X servers, so Gnome and KDE
complained the whole time. This has changed with OS X 10.3, so I'm hoping
to at least add nautilis to IceWM.

--
Ryan Collins
Technoloy Coordinator - Kenton City Schools