[K12OSN] K12LSTP in a Windows Environment

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Jul 9 15:50:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 10:01, Mark Cockrell wrote:
> Is there some way to synchronize the Linux
> server with my NT Primary Domain Controller so that my users can log on
> to the terminals with their existing NT user names and passwords?

If you don't mind creating the user accounts on the Linux
side you can use smb authentication (a checkbox item during
install or run 'authconfig' to change) against the domain
controller to check passwords.  If you want the accounts
to be created on the fly you need winbind which has a more
complicated setup.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com