[K12OSN] pop3/ftp...everything other than web

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jul 15 22:52:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 17:39, Sean Fichera wrote:

>  The problem is I can get pop mail and I can FTP to sites on the net
> just fine on any client on the 192 network but I CAN NOT get the pop
> or ftp on the 172 and 10 networks.

By 'the net' do you mean the public internet?  That would mean
you have another router involved somewhere doing NAT for your
private addresses (wild guess... it's at 192.168.0.1?) to a
public connection.  It is probably configured to only handle
the 192.168.0.x subnet.  If you can't change that you could set
up iptables on the linux router to NAT the 172/10 nets as it
forwards onto 192.168.0.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com