[K12OSN] ReiserFS vs ext3 ?

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Fri Jun 11 07:01:13 UTC 2004

I've hosed my ReiserFS on my personal box REALLY badly by enabling dma for a
stupid promise ultra66 controller. The super block was corrupted. I recovered
using Knoppix and mounting my corrupted root partition with write access and
then using reiserfsck and it was able to rebuild my super block. Once I hosed
it so bad I had to rebuild the sb from the leaf nodes (the entire filesystem
tree)
Anyway I found Knoppix to be an excellent method of saving a corrupted
ReiserFS partition.

Robert Arkiletian