[K12OSN] Upgrade woes -- backspace key no longer works on some terminals

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 24 18:56:01 UTC 2004

Hello everyone:  School is out and we decided to upgrade to the latest
and greatest. Calvin tells me it is known as 4.1.0 alpha 7 (I think it
is FC2).

Some of my terminals are having issues with the backspace key (and
sometimes the delete key) don't work properly. Anyone have any idea why
this would be an issue when it has never been an issue before? (Also
having some problems with monitor/video issues and xserver, which I
nearly always have when we upgrade.) I have been trying for three days
to find something somewhere that would help me with the backspace key
issue, but have come up zero.

Calvin did the install on both servers (in his spare time) and I have
been working trying to get more terminals up and running, beginning the
process of cleaning the machines throughout the school getting things
ready for next school year. He will come in if he can over the weekend,
but I hoped I could solve some of these problems myself.

Is there some documentation I should read that points out the
differences between ltsp 3 and ltsp 4 that might help me in the future?

Thanks everyone,

Rita Gibson
RMSEL