From: Shawn Henderson [mailto:shawn techcoms net]
Sent: 02 June 2004 03:59
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Samba xp desktop errors...

I have a samba 3 server hosting aproximately 5 clients. I am having problems with one. When any user other than administrator logs on the first thing I get on the desktop is
ERROR
ACCESS DENIED
after clicking ok a few times it goes away and everything is normal. The logs are showing me this for the users login in from that workstation. Why does samba think this user is a group coming from this workstation.. Please help!

Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]: [2004/06/01 12:03:56, 0] rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(371)
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]:   get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [rtonks] is not a Domain group !
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver smbd[12017]:   get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver nmbd[3426]: [2004/06/01 12:03:56, 0] nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_name_release_request(80)
Jun  1 12:03:56 methserver nmbd[3426]:   process_name_release_request: unicast name release request received for name RTONKS<03> from IP 192.168.2.7 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET. Error - should be sent to WINS server

this server is the wins server I dont get it...

This email and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately
by telephone at ++353 1 6035800 or email emailadmin iibbank ie
and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore
of this message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage
suffered by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.