[K12OSN] D Day

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Wed Jun 2 17:06:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Calvin Park wrote:

> Well, not sure what this might be worth, but our college is switching to
> an all Linux Computer Center for Fall of 2004. Moreover, almost all of
> the systems that students have access to (Finicial Aid, Library, etc)
> have already been switched to Linux. Again, not sure if this would sway
> anyone over, but it is an example of how HS students will run into Linux
> as early as college.

If you watch closely you can see that Lowe's is using what looks like a
Linux thin client, at least in their wallpaper department.  It is
definitely a kde implementation.

Autozone also uses Linux.  Looks like as a login from a terminal
arrangement.

In both cases, I happened to catch a terminal as it rebooted.

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE                                jim at rossberry.com
http://www.rossberry.com