Re: [K12OSN] CigWin and K12LTSP

Thanks for the reply.

I would love to see that script. I haven't played with this yet. I thought I would pick the brains of the list before I tried it to make sure I wasn't going down a dead end.

Scott Sherrill wrote:

Jim,

If you have cygwin, and you have Xwindows installed you don't have to do anything on the server. By default the server allows connections from X no matter if the client is thin or thick.

We use cygwin in our labs, and I wrote a quick .bat script that calls my server. Don't have it with me right now, but I could dig it up if there is interest.

Scott

OK. I know it's CygWin and not cigwin. (Just extinguishing flames :)

Jim Hays wrote:

OK. So I have my K12LTSP lab in place and it is working well. I would like to have our teachers (at their Windows workstations on the "outside" of the lab) access the K12LTSP box using CygWin.
What do I have to do at the server to make this happen?

What do I have to do at the Windows box to make this happen?

I would like to use this to "introduce" teachers to Linux and K12LTSP in a "non-threatening" way. (So I don't get threatened......)

Ideas?

Thanks.